Statutes of the German-Afghan Society – version of 2015-03-01
§ 1 Name, registered office, fiscal year
(1) The company is named “German-Afghan Society” (Deutsch-Afghanische Gesellschaft e. V. – DAGeV).
(2) The company is based in Essen. It is registered in the association register.
(3) The financial year is the calendar year.
§ 2 Tasks and objectives of society
The primary task of the company is to promote the bilateral relations between Germany and Afghanistan in all matters of public, cultural and economic life.
§ 3 Purpose of the company
The company pursues exclusively and directly charitable purposes within the meaning of the section entitled “Tax Benefit Purposes” of the Tax Rules. The company is selflessly active; It does not pursue primarily economic purposes. Funds of the Company may only be used for purposes of the Company. Members shall not receive any profit shares or, in their capacity as members, any other grants from the Company’s resources. No person shall be favored by expenses which are foreign to the purposes of the company or by disproportionately high remuneration. Members shall not be entitled to the assets of the company or to any share in the company’s assets upon their departure or upon dissolution of the company.
§ 4 Membership
(1) Membership may be acquired by natural and legal persons.
(2) Natural persons must have reached the age of 18.
§ 5 Acquisition and loss of membership
(1) Membership shall be acquired by written request to the Company and by the consent of the Presidium, represented by the President and a Vice-President. The refusal does not require a statement of reasons against the applicant and third parties.
(2) Membership ends by termination, exclusion or death.
(3) The termination must be declared in writing with a period of four weeks to the end of the calendar year against the company.
(4) A member may only be excluded by reason of a decision of the Bureau for important reasons. An important reason is, in particular, repeated violations of the interests of the company or a contribution margin of more than six months.
§ 6 Honorary Membership
(1) At the request of the Presidium, the General Meeting may appoint persons who have made an outstanding contribution to the objectives of the Society.
(2) Honorary members have full membership rights without obligation to pay contributions.
§ 7 Membership Contributions
(1) Membership fees shall be fixed by the General Meeting at the Bureau’s suggestion. Students, trainees, volunteers and students pay half of the contribution. In individual cases, the Presidium may reduce or enact contributions.
(2) The membership fee must be paid by 31 March of the year for which he is to be paid.
§ 8 Bodies of the Company
The Company’s organs are:
1. The Annual General Meeting (§ 9)
2. The Executive Committee (§ 13)
§ 9 The Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting is the supreme body of the company.
§ 10 Ordinary and Extraordinary General Meetings
(1) The Annual General Meeting must be convened once within two calendar years, with a deadline of at least two weeks, stating the agenda.
(2) Extraordinary General Meetings shall be convened if this is determined by at least 2/5 of the General Meeting or by a decision of the executive committee.
(3) Each member may request a change to the agenda before joining the agenda. The Annual General Meeting decides on the application.
(4) In addition, the rules of the “Rules of Procedure of the General Meeting of the German-Afghan Society e. V. ”
§ 11 Resolution of the Annual General Meeting (votes and elections)
(1) The Annual General Meeting shall be quorate regardless of the number of members present. Their resolutions are due to votes or elections.
(2) In the case of votes, the simple majority of the valid votes cast shall be decided. In the event of a tie, a motion shall be deemed rejected.
(3) Amendments to the articles of association and resolutions on the dissolution of the company require a two-thirds majority of the valid votes cast. Amendments to the Articles of Incorporation which are not compatible with §§ 2 and 3 are excluded.
(4) A decree shall be recorded on the resolutions of the General Meeting and the Secretary of the Protocol.
§ 12 Tasks of the Annual General Meeting
The following shall be reserved for the Annual General Meeting:
(1) Discharge of the executive committee after receipt of the annual report and the auditor’s report.
(2) Election of the executive committee (§ 13 para. 2).
(3) Appointments of honorary members and the title of “Honorary President”.
(4) Selection of auditors.
(5) Determination of membership fees. ,
(6) Amendments to these Articles of Incorporation and the “Rules of Procedure of the General Meeting of the German-Afghan Society e. V. “.
(7) Dissolution of the Company.
§ 13 The Executive Committee
(1) The executive committee is a board member in the legal sense of the union.
(2) The executive committee shall consist of three members, a president and two vice presidents.
(3) The executive committee be elected by the General Meeting for a period of two years. If no new presidium has been elected at the end of the election period, the previous executive committee will remain in office until the new elections.
(4) The company shall be represented in court and out of court by the president together with a vice president. If the president is prevented, the company is represented by two vice presidents.
(5) The executive committee shall appoint a managing director and determine the scope of its authority.
(6) The executive committee shall adopt its own rules of procedure.
§ 14 Data Protection
By accepting, the member agrees that personal data required for the management of the membership may be stored. The personal data are used exclusively for association purposes.
§ 15 Dissolution of the Company
In the event of the dissolution of the company or in the event of the abolition of tax-advanta- geous purposes, it shall be referred to the “Aktion Friedensdorf e. V. Vereinsregister Duisburg 40770 “, which has to use it directly and exclusively for tax-favored purposes. In case of doubt, the respective valid association laws of the Federal Republic of Germany apply.